Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 8 of Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 101


Skipping ahead to day 8 - playing catchup on the different techniques.  The class is giving us at least three techniques a day to try out and lots of great information about different stamping products from Ranger.  This particular stamp used is a Ginko leaf from www.stubbystampers.com and the leaf is #3374.  It is stamped on fabric, Rangers Inkssentials Sticky Back Canvas Cards that come in trading card size.  I used two, cutting one of them in half for the leaf at the bottom of the card.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I love that leaf shape. It looks like you sewed it on the tag? Great idea. I was in the class too and thanks for looking at my Flickr page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, my name link got messed up. I'm SandraS in the THCC 101 Galleries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - actually it is not sewn on - I simply pulled a few strands of canvas off of each side to give it that look. I had used the Distress Stains to color the background, so when I pulled the strands away, the ones that had not been hit with stain remained a natural color, giving it alternating dark brown and natural coloration. : )

      Delete
    2. Clever! Well, it came out nice. I think my name is straightened out now. I'm a little new to blogging. ssfiles.blogspot.com

      Delete