Wednesday, September 25, 2013

All Things Tim Yahoo Group Halloween Postcard Swap

This is the first of 3 postcards I made for the ATT Yahoo Group Halloween Postcard Swap.  I will be posting the others on the 26th and 27th.  This is a card I actually started during the class I took online about collage techniques (taught by Claudine Hellmuth). 

Techniques to make this postcard include - The little girl is a digital image printed on an iridescent specialty paper which was torn to make interesting edge. Hat is cut from a paper with ribbon trim and rhinestone star.  Her buttons are also rhinestone stars. Pumpkin is stamped out on cardstock, trimmed, colored, and then covered with Ranger Glossy Accents. Trim underneath girl is ribbon, topped with glow-in-the-dark rick rack, sewn down with two black mini-buttons.  The word "candy" on background made with Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder and my wax paper resist technique is highlighted with Ranger Glossy Accents and then further highlighted by going around the letters using Picket Fence Distress Marker.

The back is made to look like a postcard using "Postcard" stamp from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous The Journey collection.  Candies are stamps from Martha Stewart Halloween collection and are covered in Ranger Glossy Accents.  The fake stamp is a Hero Arts Shadow stamp which I then stamped a little witch's hat from Studio G ($1 set) and some numbers.  The "Trick or Treat" is also from a Martha Stewart set and I highlighted it with Ranger Glossy Accents as well as some Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pens.  Here is a closeup of that...

Hope you enjoyed looking and come back to see my other two postcards in the next few day.  Thanks.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

June Tag and Indian Summer

This is a tag I did for All Things Tim August Indian Summer Challenge.  It is also going to stand as my June tag for the 12 tags of 2013 as it uses some of the same techniques as the June tag on Tim Holtz's blog.  I stamped the tree image and colored in a water-color technique with Distress Markers.  It is mounted on a piece of Coredinations cardstock cut and embossed with a Spellbinders die. The tag itself is actually a background paper I made using Gelli plate technique with acrylic paints. I cut the paper and glued it to a regular manila tag to make it the right thickness. It is hard to see it is overstamped with an Inkadinkado background stamp.  The challenge for the month was to make an item using red, orange, yellow, and black.  You also can't really see that some of the acrylic paint I used is a metallic red, so the background does actually have a shimmer. I am trying to catch up to this month's techniques for the tags of 2013 and also have some ATC swaps I joined that I will be doing, so will be posting again soon.  Life just seems to get in my way alot for stamping and creating time.