Trying out that technique again was fun, and what would my Creative Chemistry experience be without making something Halloweenie?
The technique I used differs from what was done in class. For my technique, I used Kromekote cardstock (from a stash I have been using gradually for believe it or not 10 years). My inks used are Color Box Fluid Chalk Inkpad in Bisque, and two Ranger alcohol inks in dark colors and Sunshine Yellow alcohol ink.
I first made my own stamp layout on a grid block using some various packs of Recollections brand Halloween stamps I had purchased over the years from Michaels craft stores.
Here is a picture of what my stamps all laid out on the grid block looked like.
Next, I inked that up with Color Box Chalk Bisque ink and stamped on the Kromekote. For best results I let the chalk ink dry somewhat. Since Kromekote is a treated paper with a very nice, shiny, slick surface, that takes a while.
When dry as it's going to get, I then applied the two shades of dark alcohol inks in the usual manner using a felt on the ink applicator. As soon as the paper was covered to my liking, I wiped over it with my cloth towel to bring out the images that had been stamped in Clearsnap Color Box Chalk. Normally, the Chalk ink dries with a soft finish. Since it is not soaking into the paper, wiping off defeats that effect, but does keep the paper beneath it from absorbing the colorant from the alcohol inks. I then spla shed a little Sunshine Yellow alcohol ink in areas to kind of colorize the Bisque areas to more of a warm orangy shade. The alcohol ink and blending solution does take a little time to dry on the Kromekote, so I was careful to wait until it looked dry before trimming it to the size I wanted.
I'll probably apply this to a card front and add some embellishments. But, the classroom gallery is closing soon, so I wanted to get at least this part of my experiment posted there.
Thanks for checking out my blog!