Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Watercolor Tag


This is yet another Creative Chemistry 101 Technique.  Although the class is over since last week, I am still catching up in dribs and drabs on tags I was not able to do.  I still have one done to post (Mardi Gras) and one more to do.  When I am done, though, there will still be 4 - count em' 4 - techniques I was not able to try as I did not have those supplies or a substitute!  It was certainly jam packed with ideas and techniques!

The main image on the above tag is done using Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inkers in a watercolor technique.  I am not at all a fan of coloring by hand, but this technique allows for filling in large areas quickly.  I picked a very simple (but lovely) image from a stamp company in Guam called Vivid Jungle Designs.  They have some gorgeous beach/Guam culture theme stamps.  You can find them at http://www.facebook.com/VividJungleDesigns.Guam.  These are great quality stamps.  I made my most recent purchase from them several years ago, but all the ones I got were unmounted and already on nice, thick cushion and trimmed closely. 

The tag the image is mounted on is done with Ranger Distress Stains.  It is easy to see how well the Distress Re-Inkers work in coordination with the Distress Stains

No comments:

Post a Comment