Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birthday Club

I am also participating in a year-long swap in which each person makes a birthday card for every other member.  Some months have more birthdays than others, so how many I have to make in a month will vary.  I thought this was a good way to get back in the habit of doing greeting cards and may actually even send out some to family members for a change!  It brings me back to the "brilliant" reason I started stamping...I would save sooooo much money on greeting cards.....who has been there, thought that?

My first effort was very simply done as I had not been doing cards in a while.  Fortunately, I started getting a grip on organizing my stuff at the end of 2012 and into this month, so most of my supplies were readily handy.  Going through things also gave me a chance to see all the things I bought because I loved the colors or thought they were cool and I would use them on some project some day. My goal for this year is to only use things I already own in making all these birthday cards.


This first one was done based around the color of the circular sticker I used (and inspired by the colors and shapes in the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Retro Grunge paper stash).

I used a piece of waxed-paper resist embossing I had already made a while back (see my other blog post about that), some coordinating ribbons, paper punch, pop-dots, and some cute charms I had of an old-fashioned rubber stamp with an ink pad.  I heat embossed a birthday saying on the inside of the card as well, just a simple "Best Wishes for a Wonderful Birthday" a PSX stamp.

I don't mind using stickers in my creations, especially when they are the more intricate ones that are now made for scrapbooking and not just the neon color cutesy ones for kids to collect.

This color combination (yellow, red, and orange with a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink) was definitely one I would not normally pick, but I liked the saying on the sticker - "Another year older, another year better" - so tried to coordinate my papers and ribbon to all work together.

Whew...two blog posts in one day.  Now onto working on more birthday cards.  Check back if you like my creations as I will be posting more often as I get each card made and mailed off to its recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment