Friday, February 22, 2013

Birthday Club Cards 3 and 4

Two more cards I did for the ATT Birthday Club. 



In my effort to make cards with only the stuff I already have, I think I did well with this one.  I used one stamp on the pink paper, from PSX Clear by Design Travel Journal.  PSX is not in business anymore, but their stamps still show up on eBay. 

This particular set I bought back in 2005.  The reason I remember so well is because they were one of the only "unnecessary" things I bought during Hurricane Katrina evacuation.  I had not brought any of my hobby things with me due to needing valuable space in the car for people and pets!  I had an order in I had placed before knowing we would need to leave for inks and papers.  The company I ordered from was able to reroute my order to where I then was instead.  So I bought this set at a store just to be able to try out my new inks.

I made the tag with the woman's face using the Idea-ology Fragment (acrylic shapes).  The woman's face is from a preprinted paper.  You simply apply a thin coat of Ranger Glossy Accents to the back of the acrylic shape and press down over the image you want to use.  When dry, trim around the image.  I love how it turned out.  I also like how the ribbon and spiral paper clips look over that gray specialty paper. 

My second card is for a gentleman in the Birthday Club, so wanted it to be more masculine looking.



The small frame is from Idea-ology Harlequin Elements Grungeboard pack, painted with a brass Jacquard Lumiere paint.  The paper is from the Idea-ology Kraft Resist Paper Stash, inked with Distress Inks, overstamped with Studio G clear acrylic stamps, and then spattered with LuminArte Twinkling H20s Radiant Rain.  I attached aged copper brads at each corner and then mounted these two panels on pop-dots.  The metal coils are copper spiral paper clips.  The bottom strip attached to the base paper rather than mounted.

No comments:

Post a Comment