Friday, March 22, 2013
Tattered Florals Challenge
My Tattered Florals Challenge piece also doubles as one of my Birthday Club Cards I am sending off. I used a brad with the letter K for the first letter of the name of the recipient. The flower is made using (of course) the Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Floral die. I used the technique of acrylic paints scraped over manila folder paper with a palatte knife. As well, I also used water-color paper for some parts of the flower, some Idea-ology Kraft Glassine and some regular white cardstock sent through an embossing folder after die-cutting the flower shape.
I did not have the Distress Paints, so made my own version. Using some small plastic cups (about 2 oz size) I filled it half full (so about 1 oz) with white acrylic Gesso and one dropper full of the Distress Re-inker. When this is wetted with water after it dries, some of the color lifts off and leaves lighter areas. You can see this well on the pink/red flower. This uses quite a lot of Re-Inker, so I do plan on getting the Distress Paints. In addition, the Distress Paints when dry are supposed to stay as they are meaning they don't rewet. This mix I made does rewet and you can continue to lift color off when you spray it with water.
The little frame around the word "celebrate" is a Grunge-board piece from the Idea-ology Elements set. I painted it with Jacquard Lumiere fabric paint in silver.
Now to catch up on my other cards that need making.