Sunday, July 20, 2014

Catching Up...March 2014 Tag




This is my tag for the March 12 Tags of 2014 Challenge. I used some of the techniques as on timholtz.com.  I wanted it actually to look a little unfinished, stark, and kind of neglected, as that is what the verse from the Song of Solomon 1:6 means to me. You can't tell it well from the picture, but the stamped image of the woman (I think from Great Impressions) is covered with a piece of idea-ology Frosted Film. That gave it an all-over shimmer, without having to do any coloring. (Did I mention I love color, but really don't like coloring much?)

I first stamped the main image, then masked it so I could use a stencil I cut on my Cricut to make the background, stamp the swirl image and the border (http://www.stubbystampers.com/shopping/stamps/design/borders.html #3581). This made them look like they were behind the stamped image.

Below the border is a scrap of Core'dinations I had left over from another project. It was embossed with embossing folder and then sanded. I tied a piece of cording around the tag. The text is printed out onto a sand-colored cardstock and inked with Corduroy Distress Ink, affixed using Tiny Attachers. The ribbon is the Tim Holtz idea-ology Linen Ribbon that I spread apart and frayed the edges by hand to make them look disarrayed. (Again, on purpose.)

This tag was inspired from a feeling of doing everything for everyone else, while not paying attention to the things I needed to do for myself. Thankfully, since then, I have turned that around.

No comments:

Post a Comment