Sunday, January 10, 2016

January - 12 Tags of 2016

CHA is currently going on in Anaheim, CA. I've been watching lots of Periscope live broadcasts from the showroom floor and checking out the Facebook and Twitter pages of companies with brands that I like. All the creativity in the videos and excitement about new products actually prompted me to create something! Here's my January tag using the techniques from timholtz.com 12 Tags of 2016.




I do the two techniques just a little differently than as shown on timholtz.com

For the metal look technique, I use metal tape from the hardware store. If you notice, I embossed with two different folders. One is a gear pattern and the other, Eiffel Tower, is from Sizzix Alterations Texture Fades. I used just the portion of that folder with the postal cancellation.

After embossing, I apply Denim and Mushroom alcohol inks to the embossed metal tape. It makes a subtle difference and here's a photo of how it looks with just the alcohol inks applied.



The tag on the left has the alcohol inks, while the tag on the right is just the embossed metal tape. Once you then apply the final step of Black Soot Distress paint, you can still see the other colors. I find it looks even more like real aged metal with those two other colors showing through.






For the chalk look, I don't have the same materials available. I used Tsukineko Moonlight White Brilliance ink and actual chalk. Once I stamped the clock image from Hampton Art, in the Brilliance ink, using a paint brush I dusted white chalk powder over it. I then also dusted a little purple chalk powder as well. I used a piece of fleece fabric to burnish the chalk into the ink and wipe away the excess.


I glued down my embellishments with Ranger Glossy Accents. I also used idea-ology Deco sheet in silver to cover the middle section of the manila tag.



I noticed when looking at my blog posts from last year, they stop abruptly at March 2015. Here are the two little reasons I didn't have any time for stamping:



I found these little guys back in April 2015 abandoned by a feral cat a friend of mine was feeding. Fortunately, I had experience raising kittens and now these little guys aren't so little and look like this:


Thanks for checking out my stamping blog.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a wonderful tag and a wonderful save. The cats are so beautiful as is your tag.

    ReplyDelete